Most of my thoughts about this pregnancy have been spent thinking about having a son. I have many people reminding me that I could be getting another daughter and to not be disappointed if the baby is girl. Honestly, there will be some amount of let down if it's not a boy... BUT not like I'll be upset about having another daughter, just a little sad I'm not having a son... does that make any sense?
One of the biggest things I've been thinking about, as I've been hoping for a son, is his name. Anna and I both believe that there is a lot of spiritual significance in someone's name. The Lord has shown Anna and I some cool things about our names and how they relate to how He has worked in our lives. I don't think it's possible for us to pick the "wrong name" necessarily, but it's something that I take seriously and really think about the spiritual implications. There is a boy name that has settled in my heart and spirit. I can't say that it's a final decision yet but at this point it's the only name I feel strongly about. Anna needs more time thinking about it and it will be difficult for her to settle on anything until we find out the sex of the baby. If you are wondering, we've also talked about girl names and have a pretty good idea of what the next girl would be named as well.
Anna has been doing ok. She has been struggling with the morning sickness and low energy. Sometimes she gets frustrated because she's isn't able to be up and doing "more". I try to encourage her to rest when she needs to rest. My wife is a very strong and independent person, so she doesn't like to feel like she has been taken out of commission. I remind her that even when she's resting that she isn't out of commission at all, she's doing the very hard and important work of nurturing a new life.

0 comments:
Post a Comment